Little Yoga Warriors Courses
Spend Some Time nurturing YOU
Baby Massage - 5 week Course
Saturdays: 10am - 11am
Baby massage is a gentle and loving way to relax and communicate with your baby. It has been used for centuries in many cultures to promote health and wellbeing. When you massage your baby you lay down the foundations of trust and security which will help you to build a happy and confident relationship with your baby for the future. It can help:
To relieve wind, colic, constipation, teething and more
To create and develop the bond between you and your baby
Provide relaxation for you both
Stimulate and support your baby’s physical, emotional and social development
Suitable for babies aged 6 weeks to pre crawling, classes are fun, friendly, relaxed and supportive. Over the 5 week course you will learn the most effective and popular techniques of baby massage. Every week we will focus on massaging a different main body area building up to a full body massage.
Classes are 1 hour long and completely baby led, if baby needs to change, feed, soothe baby with plenty of time after for a hot drink and chat.
As part of the course cost everything is provided for you:
100% Organic Sunflower massage oil with Vitamin E
Baby Massage Guide
Online tutorials for after the course
Pregnancy Yoga - Coming Soon
I am currently training to become a qualified Prenatal Yoga teacher covering all stages of pregnancy including birthing yoga.
Pregnancy is an ideal time to start yoga. The postures for beginners are simpler than most people imagine, and the classes will give you the opportunity to meet other mums-to-be to share your journey with!
More updates soon
Wednesday's 10am - 11am and 11.15am-12.15pm
Baby Yoga is such a special bonding activity you can do with your baby. The class tones the body and helps to regain your strength and posture. The best benefit of all is that the rush of endorphins and soothing movements which make mum and baby feel happy
Benefits of Baby Yoga
• Promotes tummy time and active play for babies
• Swings & dips help to develop baby’s body awareness, coordination & balance
• The use of songs helps to develop baby’s sense of rhythm and promotes language development and communication between parent/carer & baby.
The main difference compared to baby massage, is that baby yoga stimulates baby’s senses through a variety of different stimulus: movement, touch, songs and stretching.
Benefits for parent/carer
• Aids flexibility
• Strengthens muscles
• Aligns the spine
• Aids relaxation
• It is non-competitive
Benefits for both
• Can enhance the bonding process
• The release of oxytocin and endorphins (‘feel good hormones’) in both parent/carer and baby encourages relaxation and wellbeing
It shares some benefits with baby massage
• Eases digestion as stretches can help relieve colicky pains and wind. The movements in baby yoga complement the movements in baby massage, a combination of both provides the infant’s digestive system with a high degree of support.
• As with baby massage, baby yoga can help to settle babies and improve their sleep patterns
• Reduces crying and emotional distress
• It’s fun!